It is summer time in North America.
Barbecues, surf sessions, longboard contests, long summer nights, beach bonfires and a fast-paced work schedule has me less on the screens and more in the moment. It takes a lot for me not to feel guilty about writing less, I have that tiny voice inside that says you should this, you should that. But when it comes down to real life, I don’t want to sacrifice my sanity nor burn myself out. Been there, done that.
So how about we strike a deal, you and me. I will continue my three job, online class + website duties, but take any and every opportunity to lay in the sunshine, swim in the lake and surf when waves arrive and YOU will also take time off from the Internet.
How to avoid Burn Out, you say? It’s easy.
- Meet up with friends.
- Talk to one another in real life.
- Leave your phone at home or simply turn it off. (GASP!)
- Go outside.
- Take a walk.
- Look at people in the eye instead of talking while looking at your phone.
- Look UP at the sky.
- Do something for no reason at all.
- Dance when you’re feelin’ the groove.
- Yoga. Stretch. Jump. Swim. Surf. Move.
Enjoy life as it is meant to be enjoyed: in the present, unfiltered, undocumented, real-time.
Go out there, go play, go see, go explore. I’ll be here when you return, I promise.
See you soon.